Credit Hours: 4
Prerequisites: Computer Programming(1) – CS 240
Course Text Books:
” DATA STRUCTURES AND ALGORITHMS IN C++”, By Adam Drozdek, third edition.
Major Topics To Be Covered:
- Basic Concept, How to create Programs, Algorithm, Data Type, Specification vs. Implementation
- Abstract data types
- Linked Lists, Stacks, Queues
- Algorithm Analysis Fundamentals
- Linked Lists Performance Analysis
- Selection Sort, Insertion Sort, Quick Sort, Merge Sort
- Linear Search, Binary Search, Hash Search , Searching
- Trees, Binary Trees, Binary Search Trees, AVL Trees, B-Trees
- Heaps, Heaps as a priority Queues, Organization Arrays as heaps
- You have to pay attention in the class and do not distract others with conversation or with your phone.
- If you attend late to the class for more than 10 minutes, you will be absent in it.
- No late submission for homework, if you will do that you will get zero.
- All parties involved in cheating will be prosecuted no matter who copied from whom. It is your duty to keep your homework/quiz/test secure.
- Be sure about that when you miss any quiz during the semester, you will not have another opportunities to take it again (it means zero).
- In midterm exams, if illness prevents you from coming, get a note from a hospital. If you suffer a family tragedy, then provide some documentation for the event.
- Makeup exams of the first and second midterm exams will be in the same day in last week of the semester
Week Date Topic Hours Note
2 2/Feb ADT-Pointers-Function-classes 3
3 9/Feb classes+Algorithm analysis 3
4 16/Feb Linked List 3
5 23/Feb Stack 3
6 2/Mar Queues 3
7 9/Mar Sort 3
8 16/Mar Sort+Search (part1) 3
9 23/Mar MID TERM BREAK
10 30/Mar Search (part2) 3 Mid1/Tuesday
11 6/April Tree 3
12 13/April Tree 3
13 20/April Tree+ Heaps 3 Mid2
14 27/April Heaps+Graph 3
15 4/May Graph 3
16 11/Mat Practical Exams
17 18/May Final Exams
18 25/May Final Exams
19 1/June Final Exams
20 8/June SUMMER BREAK